Mom and Blogger, Carlie K., shares 25 tips on how to bless your children. These fun and inspirational ideas are not things that will cost a lot of money, but rather involve investing love, time and energy into your children in a variety of creative ways: 25 Ways to Bless Your Child(ren)
Here are a few ideas of my own...
1) Teach them how to cook a favorite family recipe
Remember the "Green Buffet" - haha! When my daughter was little, I would tell her that there is a buffet that serves ONLY green food, called the Green Buffet. We would have fun thinking of menus of all green food, and imaging what we would eat.
2) Let a child plan a fun or special activity to do together (may need to set limits on costs)
3) Let your child run around in a costume or their pajamas all day
4) Listen to music videos together. Bonus points if you sing and dance together.
5) Ask your child how to play their favorite video games, then join in.
6) Tell your child the story or special meaning behind their name, or how you chose their name.
7) Teach your child how to pray. Or, alternately, praise dance or other meaningful spiritual celebration.
8) Do a make-over with your daughter.
9) Volunteer together. (My kids had a blast packing boxes at church for Operation Christmas Child).
10) Play charades - act out what you love about your child or a favorite family memory, and have them guess what it is
Any other ideas?? Please post yours in the comments!
xoxo Daylen xoxo